Asics GEL-Foundation 12 2E Width Running Shoes
Totally breaking the mold, the GEL-Foundation® 12 2E Width Running shoe gets a fresh new design while staying true to its roots. The well-cushioned SpEVA® platform now features, along with the Dynamic DuoMax® Support System, Guidance Line® Midsole Technology, Guidance Trusstic System® Technology, and a comfortable upper built on the ASICS Maximum Support Last to better accommodate runners who wear orthotics (plus an ultra plush 8.5mm ComforDry™ Sockliner for those who do not). This special 2E width version accommodates those runners with wider feet who also require support during their runs.Newly Designed Synthetic/Mesh Upper Comfordry™ Sockliner Upper
The Asics GEL-Foundation 12's upper has been given a new design, whilst maintaining its supportive characteristics. The new upper is constructed using comfortable, supportive and breathable synthetic materials with mesh panels for increased airflow, which helps to keep the feet cool and dry, and creates a more pleasant environment for the wearer. The plush 8.5mm Comfordry™ Sockliner provides extra cushioning, and also boasts exceptional moisture wicking qualities, which helps to leave your feet cool and dry, and your shoes at their lightest weight. The sockliner is removable, and as such can easily be washed between uses. The addition of reflective elements help to improve safety when out training in low-light conditions. As such, not only will these shoes take care of your gait, but also your safety.I.G.S.® Midsole Technology
The GEL-Foundation 12's midsole is packed with revolutionary technologies to help combat severe overpronation. Asics' Impact Guidance System (I.G.S.®) helps the wearer to run more smoothly by enhancing the foot's natural gait from heel strike to toe off, thereby helping you to run in a neutral stance. Overpronation is further combated by Guidance Line® Midsole Technology, which further improves your gait efficiency by helping the wearer to run neutrally. The DuoMax® support system offers increased support, at a lighter weight. The result of these technologies combined is a supportive ride, to help you to run neutrally.
The GEL-Foundation 12 not only supports your feet, but also provides fantastic comfort. GEL® units in the rearfoot and forefoot provide responsive cushioning and shock absorption, which results in a smoother ride, and reduced stress on your joints. Speva® and SOLYTE® units are deployed within the midsole to provide enhanced cushioning and durability. The Speva® unit also helps to reduce the energy lost during the toe off phase by providing the shoe with extra bounce.Asics High Abrasion Rubber(AHAR®) Outsole
AHAR® is strategically placed on the outsole to provide extra durability and traction in high stress areas. AHAR® provides superior traction and durability, as well as added comfort and a better ride, making the GEL-Foundation 12 a highly durable shoe suitable for daily use. The pattern on the outsole provides superior multi-directional traction, so you can rest assured that you will have the optimum grip on your run, no matter what the conditions.
The shoe's outsole also features Duosole® technology, which augments the shoe's traction, whilst also accommodating extra flexibility for a more natural ride. Durasponge® Technology is also included and helps to cushion the outsole further, whilst enhancing durability. These technologies are improved by the addition of Trusstic® technology, which reduces the sole's weight, without sacrificing the shoe's structural integrity or durability.Features
- ***New*** Updated Upper Design - A sleek, updated look without compromising the shoe's support, cushioning or durability.
- Synthetic/Mesh Upper - Provides superior lightweight comfort and breathability.
- 8.5mm Comfordry™ Sockliner - Removable; provides exceptional cushioning and moisture wicking.
- I.G.S.® Technology - Enhances the foot's natural gait for a smoother ride.
- Duomax™ Support System - Enhances stability and support at a lighter weight.
- Guidance Line® Technology® - Enhances gait efficiency and provides support.
- Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL Cushioning Systems - Absorbs shock and minimises joint stress.
- Speva® and SOLYTE Midsole - Provides cushioning, durability, and bounce.
- Asics High Abrasion Rubber (AHAR®) - Extremely durable and offers high traction on multiple surfaces.
- Duosole® Outsole - Offers lightweight, flexible traction.
- Durasponge® - Provides increased durable cushioning for the outsole.
- Reflective Elements - Keep you visible whilst training in low-light.
- APMA Seal of Acceptance - Approved by the American Podiatric Medical Association.
- 2E Width Version - To accommodate runners with wider feet.
- Weight - 346 grams.
Asics GEL-FOUNDATION 12 Running Shoe (2E Width) - SS17 Men Shoes Trainers J331E44UA